Pages

28 April 2008

I Didn't Realize

I didn't realize that it had been such a long time since I had posted! Wow!

Megan had her kindergarten orientation last Friday. She loved it. We went into the gym with about a hundred little kids and even more parents. The principal talked to everyone and then the kids got to go to the classrooms. It was great! Each class had a little activity that the kids could do. They were supposed to each get a new book, but the teachers forgot to order them in time! Then they got a new package of crayons (one that no one had ever used before, Megan said) and a cookie. It was a good day.

The only problems is that we are on C track, and they don't have a C track kindergarten. So now we have to switch tracks, and because they are making us switch, I'm afraid we will get the crappy track with the crappy teacher. That sucks! Our charter school got approved (YAY!) but it won't be open until NEXT year, so for now we are just stuck.

Rachel is off track for the next three weeks. We need to think of some fun, cheap things that we can do while she is off track. Any ideas? We went downtown last time and took a tour of the conference center and the children's museum. It was pretty fun. But now I'm not sure what to do!

And Mikayla is potty trained. Finally! She hasn't had an accident for weeks, so that is encouraging. I need to get brave enough to leave her in panties at night, but so far I'm not that brave! =]

James is going on a business trip to Florida next week. He leaves early Sunday morning and gets home late Wednesday night. So that should be fun. I wouldn't want to have to do the conference he is doing, but I wouldn't mind going to Florida!

And I'm doing good on our Biggest Loser challenge. I've lost 10 pounds already and I feel better than I have in a long time. I had no idea I could actually lose weight on purpose. I just assumed that I never could, so I never tried. But it's been an amazing experience for me, just finding out that I can actually change something that I don't like about me. Good to know!

The girls are all out jumping on the trampoline and want me to come play too. Ha! But I might go outside and soak up some sun.

4 comments:

Misty Moncur said...

It's nice to get an update. It keeps me from feeling lonely. Sounds like you guys are doing great. You have the cutest kids!

Elsie said...

If I had read your post BEFORE we talked we wouldn't have anything to say. Thanks for keeping us posted, it's great.

Dave said...

Heather, I am a little creeped out with the header of your blog, the dude in the center, he keeps staring at me as if he wants to harm me. What does it all mean? I enjoy reading whatcha got to say.

Heather said...

Yeah, they ARE a little creepy! =]

They are vampires (but nice vampires!) from a series of books that I've been obsessed with. They are making a movie from the books and the freaky people on the blog are the actors from the movie (that comes out in December...I can't wait!)

You DO have a good point! I think I'll find a new picture that's not quite so creepy...