
So the feeling I'm getting from everyone is that we could use a place that has cabins AND tent camping. I've been looking for places with both. Most places with cabins are either really expensive or really crappy looking! *grin* There IS a place I ran across, and I've emailed them for more information on their cabins and teepees, but they have a little of everything and the rates aren't bad. The lodge has rooms for $89 a night and tent sites for $24 a night. They say they have cabins and they are $100 a night, but I'm not sure how big they are. I'll let you know when I find out. I'm not sure how much there is to do there, but the website says there is a lot of fishing and wildlife and hiking and things like that. I'm mostly looking for a direction to go in...is this something everyone could live with? Oh yeah...here's the website!
www.utahcamelotresort.com/lodge.htm
22 comments:
That looks like a pretty good place, or something similar would be great. I wish we could all live in the mountains, at high altitudes. That's where I see myself in five years.
Looks great to me. I think getting a set date would be a good idea too. I may even have to get a fishing license!
Yeah, it looks really good. Let us know what you find out. We would be up for that.
$24 a night for a tent site is expensive, especially when the national forest is only 5 miles away and that is half the price.
Yeah, actually the tent sites are $18 and the RV sites with hookups are $24. Sorry about that. But if we are going to get everyone to go on a vacation together we need to find a place with cabins AND tent sites. Not everyone in the family camps.
I dunno, the main point is to be together right? anywhere that will let us do that for cheap is okay with me, public park or mountain top.
I know a great place that has lots of trees and green green grass, they give you these carts to drive around in and there is a giant lodge and everything... o wait... camping? I thought we were talking about golf. My bad. Sounds great, I smelled the rainy air up on campus today and got the camping itch.
Well, if we can't agree on a place, you can all come camp in our yard. We have a good view of the mountains and the lake, and you can see most the stars at night. There's plenty of room for tents out back, and anyone who wants to sleep inside can.
Well, maybe we should just decide on someplace. =]
Any way you plan it, there's gonna be someone uncomfortable or dissatisfied or that just wants to be somewhere else, I'm sure. So I think Heather should pick a place that she likes, that's relatively cheap, because, c'mon, Uncle Jed isn't movin' fast enough, and then plan it. And then we all just plan to be there and have fun. =)
If Uncle Jed WAS moving faster, there are lots of amazing places that you can rent. (Although, if it's supposed to be a camping trip, they kind of defeat the purpose!) I guess the next question is one night or two? And how many families would want a cabin as opposed to a tent?
I would prefer a weekend so if you want to do two nights then Sunday morning would just be a get up, pack up and go home. Almost everyone has weekends off so we would have a better chance of having everyone. I prefer a tent. We are trying to save as much as money as possible for our move.
The picture looks beautiful. Where is it? Dad and I can help anyone or everyone with the cost that really shouldn't be too much of a factor. This sounds reasonable to me. Dad doesn't like to be gone on Sunday so we would have to opt for a Thursday & Friday Night (or any other night). Two nights would be fun and relaxing but I know everyone can't get off. There are holidays (the 4th and 24th) that people might have off but we're good anytime. Love you all.
It's in the Uinta Basin, past Strawberry Reservoir, not as far as Starvation. A place called Fruitland or Fruit-something. I'm not sure what days they have open, but if we could all decide on what we want, I will call and find out. How many would like to stay in the Lodge? A Tent site? A Cabin? (the cabins have a queen bed and a padded loft for the kids...) 'll find out what is open. Oh, and I'd rather not stay on Sunday, either.
Sounds good, I think Elisha and I will take a tent spot, I guess Nathan will too. I like weekends better, taking Sunday off is fine too, I hate missing work but I can worship anywhere, we could even do a devotional Sunday morning, unless people have meetings and such.
it needs to be before the middle of august or we'll have to pass.
Weekends would be good. I don't mind being gone on Sunday as long as I can still get to my 6:00am meeting. But 2 nights would be preferable; with just one night, you spend the first day unpacking, and the second day packing, with a night of lousy sleep in between. I can get lousy sleep at home without all the packing and unpacking, town to town, up and down the dial.
I think we'll take a tent site (there's a first time for everything, right?)
This place sounds nice. Our family wants a cabin or the lodge, packing for 5 kids plus 2 adults feels like moving, add in all the camping stuff and you might as well be moving, but we would do whatever. We would not stay over on a Sunday. Any time during the week or a weekend would be fine with us because Mark has plenty of time off.
Personally, I prefer a cabin. But we want to take the kids tent camping this year, so we would do that, too. Two nights. Sounds like everyone is on board. I like this blog.
Yup, time to pony up! Aim for a holiday with a cabin and room for tents, and we'll just plan on being there, and if we can't request work off (James can I have work off?) then... well.. we'll send you a postcard :P
Has anyone picked a date for this yet? Holiday weekends are a pain to travel, so I would suggest the last weekend in June.
Our only problem with the last week in June is that it's Rachel's last week in school. We could pull her out (and normally I don't mind) but I don't know if I want her to miss the last day of school. (Stupid year-round school!)
I'll call and see if they have anything available that weekend, though.
Post a Comment