Pages

04 March 2008

Rachel's Surprise

Rachel has wanted her ears pierced for a while now. I know how well she does with shots, so I was a little nervous. Ok, really nervous! But her and Megan were so excited last night that we decided to take them to the mall and get it done. I haven't worn earrings for such a long time that my holes have closed up. So I decided that I would show them how it's done. It actually wasn't too bad, but maybe because I already had the holes...I dunno. Then Rachel hopped up in the chair. She was so excited...until the girl picked up the machine. Then she freaked. And cried. And wouldn't let her get anywhere near her ears.

It didn't surprise me, exactly. I've seen the same thing from her many times. When she got her Kindergarten shots she was so brave...until the nurse picked up the needle. Then she freaked!

Anyway, after the first one we had to help her get brave again. (She didn't want to be a pirate with just one earring. I offered....) But when she was all done she was so excited. And they look so cute on her! We got matching earrings. Mine don't look as cute as hers do, though!

We were going to do Megan's last night, but by the time we got Rachel's done, it was almost nine. So now she wants to do them after preschool today. We'll see...I don't know if mom can handle any more excitement!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We appreciated her phone call last night. She sounded really excited.

Misty Moncur said...

She did it? Good for her! Good for you, too. I have had the same princess cut diamonds in since I got married, seven years ago. Except to clean them. Dave got me some heart earrings for valentine's day, so now I have been switching off. I took the earrings out of my second hole when Pres. Hinckley said to, but I still have the holes. They have not closed up. I'm surprised yours did. Sometimes I shove an earring through them just to check. Tell Ray I said I'm proud of her for being so brave.