Pages

05 March 2008

Piercing Part Two

So Megan wanted to get her ears pierced like Rachel. She woke up Tuesday morning so excited to get her ears done after preschool. So I thought I would be a nice mom and take her. BIG mistake! It was a nightmare! Rachel was bad, but Meg was worse. Or maybe it was just an all around bad day.

I called ahead to make sure they would have two people doing it so she only had to go through it once. They said that the other person would be there at two. So we got there at two. Well, turns out that they didn't come until three. I have to pick Rachel up from school at 3:45, so I wasn't sure we could wait that long.

It took Megan a long time to finally get brave enough to get one ear done. And after that first one, she would NOT get her other one done. She just kept screaming to take that one out. It was awful! She was screaming and I was mad and frustrated and by this time we had been there over an hour. I had Kayla with me and she was being crazy (gee, I wonder why...)

Anyway, we finally just pulled the earring out of her ear and I bought the stupid earrings and left. So now she has a cute little hole in her ear (it's actually healing quite nicely...but I feel bad that she had to go through all of that and not even get any earrings out of it) Sometimes it really sucks to have kids...

4 comments:

Misty Moncur said...

Man, you just can't win with kids. I was thinking today that I should do more stuff with my kids in the day, but you know what, they don't appreciate, there's always a mess to clean up, and it never takes up enough time. So you put all this planning into a big fat 3 minute mess that you have to clean up and then they whine because you forgot to feed them. Go figure. Sorry about Meg.

Robert said...

Ha ha! So I guess all the teasing worked. Man, we've got to be the best uncles ever! Where did I learn this stuff? Oh, right, Mark and Dan. How brave of Rachel though. I cut myself shaving the other day and I nearly freaked out. Hope to see some pictures :)

Dan said...

Maybe the best approach for piercing ears would just be the ambush approach. Have a couple people grab her and hold her down while a couple other people poke holes in her ears. Well, actually, that might cause some emotional scars... Nevermind. =]

Misty Moncur said...

If I don't get an update on the pierced ears soon and a picture, I am going to die.