Pages

25 March 2008

Ugly Little Hermit Crabs


So I'm sitting here...wandering the web. Checking out everyone's wonderful blogs. And the hermit crabs decide it's time to wake up and eat. In case you are wondering, hermit crabs make horrible pets. They only move at night when the girls are asleep. Stupid things! I see them move around a lot, but the girls forget they are here.



Anyway, as I'm sitting here watching them I remember that I have pictures of them. The smaller of the two left it's shell a while back. It took a few days for it to decide to get in a new shell. Which is strange, because it's not good for them to be without a shell. Anyway, this is a picture of the hermit crab that I took without a shell. Ugly, huh?

3 comments:

*Teresa* said...

I love the hermit crabs!
I bet they are a MILLION times better then the gerbils! they are loud and smelly... The only thing they have going for them is they are so dang cute!

Misty Moncur said...

I didn't know you had hermit crabs.

Heather said...

We've had them for a while...six months maybe. I forget. They aren't all that interesting! Well, ok, I guess they are fun when they crawl around. And if you take them out and put them on your hand they will crawl around. Other than that, though, they are pretty boring. Nice quiet pets, though, and they don't eat much!