Yay! It's been a month since I've written anything...dang! Time flies! Things are good, though. Last Saturday we packed the girls up and drove up to Hardware Ranch just outside of Logan. It was quite a drive! We stopped for lunch at an Arby's in Brigham City. I don't think the girls have ever even been to an Arby's before. So it was pretty fun!
Then we drove through the canyon and down into the Cache valley. It was a beautiful day. We got to the ranch and hiked up the hill to the visitor's center. Across the street you could see the field where all of the elk are. They said that they have about 585 head of elk there right now. There were tons! Then we bought our tickets and went across the street to take a sleigh ride through the field of elk. They have four sleighs at a time running, so the line went really fast. We all piled on the sleigh and started off. They stop the sleigh every few minutes and explain something about elk. Rachel had so many questions! The cutest one was the time she asked how to tell a boy and a girl baby elk apart. The guide was so cute with her! Pretty funny!When we were done with the sleigh ride, Rachel asked our guide/driver if the girls could sit on one of the horses. The guy lifted them up onto a horse named Sam and the girls were in heaven! Rachel is our horse girl...she would have one in the backyard right now if she could!



5 comments:
That's awesome. It was really nice of the guy to let them sit on the horse. When I was in Logan last month we thought we were going to the Hardware Ranch but ended up at the American West Heritage Center instead. Still pretty cool, but they don't have any elk.
Yeah, that was nice of the guy to let the girls sit on the horse. We were all snuggled up in our warm house while you were out in the cold adverturing. Okay, that is a lie. We were probably doing housework.
Wow, you guys are much much more adventurous (I don't think I spelled that right!) than Dan and I! We're going to have to tag along with you!!! I think we just don't know where to go! Your girls are so so adorable!
James is trying really hard to do at least two fun things a month with the girls. We've been snowshoeing a few times and ice fishing once. It's harder to find things to do in the winter! Today the weather was so nice that the girls and I went downtown to the church history museum and the conference center and took a tour. Then we went to the top of the church office building and looked for our van. It was fun!
Looks like so much fun! How cool to see all those elk! :) What a great guy to let the girlies sit on the horse! Fun!
Post a Comment