Pages

28 February 2009

Stuff and Fluff


I was talking (or chatting...same thing, right?) with Misty last night and telling her about a FHE chart I made yesterday. I think it turned out cute and it was so easy to do. The cute little animals are wood and felt and I got them at Walmart for 50 cents each. They are on a whiteboard that cost me about six bucks. I bought a package of strip magnets for 77 cents. The whiteboard came with magnets you could stick on the back, so it's on my fridge. Then I just used a sharpie and wrote the different things around the edges. If we had only had four people, I would have drawn lines on the actual whiteboard with permanent marker, but each of the animals the girls chose were a different size. I thought they were cute...! Oh, the treatmaster job on the botton is just who decides what treats we are having (usually ice cream) and delivers the treats to everyone. Don't know for sure how we came up with the treatmaster, but we've been calling it that for a long time!

And Megan learned to ride her bike today! Well, without training wheels. I was at the store, but James took off the training wheels, ran down the street with her about three times and she had it. She's amazing. She rode it to the park today and around the block. She rides like she has been doing it forever. She was looking behind her and going up over curbs and all kinds of stuff. It was amazing! Rachel was kinda mad, though, because it took her longer to get the hang of it. Just different talents, I guess. When it gets warmer I'll have to go take some pictures!

Anyway, that's it for now! (Now aren't you glad you wasted two minutes reading this post?)

5 comments:

Dan said...

I'm not sure I would try to learn to ride a bike again now if I had to. I'm glad that I learned it long ago, when my wounds healed quickly.

branties

Misty Moncur said...

That chart is adorable. I've seen those animals at Walmart before. I was wondering if that's what you were talking about. I just about bought some once because I thought they were so cute, but I didn't have any plans for them. Now I do!

Heather said...

Dan, your word sounds like a cross between bra and panties...how funny is that!

Elsie said...

Congrats to Megan! she is amazing. And I love the poster. Maybe I'll have to try some of the animals for library posters - I'll bet I could come up with something. thanks for sharing.

Dave said...

To have a no crash, no burn attempt is great. I think it is funnier to talk about "branties." Charts are great, but so is math everyone loves a good math problem.