Pages

14 February 2009

So it's been a while...

It's been a while since I've posted anything new. Probably because nothing new ever happens here! At least it feels like that sometimes. I don't know why that is.

Scamper is getting really old. Or acting really old. He's been quite deaf for a while now and I think he's losing his sight as well. Tonight he was walking around in circles and had a really hard time going up the stairs. And he wouldn't go down the stairs without the light on either. He's pretty old as far as dogs go...he will be 14 in April. We've had him for a really long time now and I'll be really sad when he dies. Not as sad as I would have been before I had kids that needed me. For the longest time he was my baby and then I had my girls and he kind of gets ignored a bit. I feel bad about that. But I don't know what to do about it either. It will be a sad day when he dies. And I expect it won't be too much longer.

The girls are doing well. Megan lost a tooth last week. She looks pretty cute without it! (But I like toothless kids!) She wrote her own talk for church tomorrow. It's pretty cute. And she started it with a short poem that she wrote. Grandma would be so proud! Kindergarten is going really well for her. She is so stinkin' smart! (Although I have to remember that when Rachel was Megan's age she was in first grade...!) Her teacher said she was going to test her reading level the other day and realized she would need to get out the higher leveled books to do it. She can just about read anything she wants to read. Its wonderful!

And Mikayla wants to read as well. She sees her sisters doing it and wants to read "all by myself!" She is actually pretty smart. I showed her a few words in the Biscuit book the other day and we went through the book and she pointed out each of the words I showed her. (Biscuit, Woof, Quack...) I was really surprised! But she is a smart one too. She starts preschool in October (seems like such a long time to wait!) And she is excited. I am excited to have a few hours without kids! I won't know what to do with myself!

Rachel is doing pretty good, too. Although if anyone has any ideas to help teach multiplication tables I'd be all ears. I can't believe that school is more than half way over! The girls go off track the end of March for three weeks and that is their last time off. They get out of school in June and don't go back until the end of August (provided they get started building the charter school!) A few of her friends in her class are actually going to the charter school too, so that will be really fun for her. She has been going to Achievement Days since her birthday. Anyone know how often they are supposed to have those? I though it was every week, but we are lucky to get two a month. I'm sure it's fine, but it would be nice if they were a little more consistent.

Anyway, James and I are doing well. James bought me a Hi Point 9mm handgun for my birthday and some ammo for Valentines! Sounds romantic, no? But it works for us. I love my gun. I pull it out every chance I get and pull back the slide and aim it. I'm hoping that we can have a hobby that we both like that we can do after work for a couple hours. We like to fish, but it's hard to get a babysitter and go and be back in a couple hours. So this should be a fun date activity. And I'm hoping I can get good enough to kick his butt!

Anyway, I should be going to bed. It's late and I'm supposed to be thinking of a singing time activity to do tomorrow. I just don't know what to do exactly. I read a neat idea on introducing "How Firm a Foundation" on a website, but I don't have any balloons. Ah well...I'll figure something out. Love you guys!

2 comments:

Misty Moncur said...

Hmm...kid free hours. A whole new stage of life.

Dan said...

You'll have to bring your new gun out sometime. I think I get as excited when someone in the family gets a new gun as I am when someone has a kid...