James and the girls and I went snowshoeing yesterday. It was so much fun. I never want to go, and then when I do I always really enjoy it. We went to the Spruces campground up Big Cottonwood canyon. Yeah, the same place where they found the guy and the burned car. It was so warm! We barely even needed jackets. We hiked around a bit...you could see places where scouts had made igloos and slept under them. One group dug down through the snow and slept under the tables, which sounds smart to me because they wouldn't cave it. Anyway, then we tried going up the mountain on a trail. It was a little bit tough, but the girls are troopers. Seriously, they are amazing on snowshoes!
Anyway, here are a few quick pics of our trip!


6 comments:
Was it warm because of the burned car, or just due to the weather itself? It sounds like a really fun trip. We're hoping to do a bit of hiking this summer, but snowshoeing's probably still a year or two off for us.
gulata
Cute pictures. Cute girls. I was going to ask the same thing about the warm car.
firkers
i'm glad misty thought the same thing about the car. i was beginning to think i'm starting to think like dan...then i realized misty does think a lot like dan! i'm doomed!
cute girls!!!
They must get it from their Mom, Annie because that was my first thought too. I don't often watch the news so I'm thinking "how long ago was the car fire?" Anyway. They really are cute girls but I also really like the backdrop you chose. It makes a really nice picture.
That was my first thought, my second thought was "I bet it smelled like burning people" which made me wrinkle my nose cause I know the smell really well. calspit
You guys are all funny! Although I'll have to admit I thought about it too, especially when the parking lot was all nice and clear. The snow had all melted! I didn't see any sign of the fire or car, though. They cleaned up well. (Or someone was parked over the spot!)
Post a Comment