Pages

21 July 2008

Tagged!

I've been tagged! Misty did it (thanks a lot!) But it does sound like fun. So here goes...

3 Joys

1. My family. I'd feel like a dork if I didn't put them top on my list. I love just being with them. Especially when we are all happy! Going on vacations or just staying home and tickling each other or playing baseball in the backyard...they just make me happy.
2. And I've got to add music on here. Playing or listening, it doesn't really matter. There is always music in my head and sometimes it just leaks out! Tapping my fingers, humming, walking to a silent beat in my head...there is always some sort of music going on inside of me and it makes me happy.
3. Beautiful scenery is another thing that makes me happy. I love being outside and seeing the beautiful things God has created just for our enjoyment. Flowers, rocks, water, sunsets, forests full of trees...anything that would make a beautiful picture makes me happy.

3 Fears

1. Having someone in my family die. I don't look forward to that day at all. Oh, I know it will happen, but I hate it!
2. Along those same lines, having something horrible happen to my girls. Being kidnapped, hit by a car, attacked by an animal, getting their feelings hurt at school. Doesn't really matter what it is (and I can invent lots of different things that might happen!) it terrifies me!
3. Snakes. I hate snakes! We've had a few in our yard this year and I loathe the stupid things. And mice, I suppose. I'm scared to death of those too!

3 Goals

1. Learn a whole ragtime piece on the piano.
2. Go back to school and get a degree (in what, I have no idea...!) Maybe architecture or interior design. Or geology. Or underwater basket weaving. I have no idea, but I'd like to learn something!
3. Fly in an airplane. I've never, ever flown and I'd like to do that one day. I'd love to go to New England in the fall. Or see the ocean. (either one!)

3 Obsessions/Collections

1. I have an ever-growing pile of quilting fabric. I don't know what I will do with it all, but I love it. And I guess I have a collection of unfinished quilting projects to go with it!
2. My latest obsession is free digital scrapbooking files. I've been downloading a bunch of them lately. I have yet to do a scrapbook layout, but I have a bunch of files.
3. Maybe blogging would be one of my obsessions. Not necessarily writing my own but every morning first thing I check everyone's blogs. Strange, I know, but I love knowing what's going on!

3 Random or Surprising Facts

1. I can move my baby toe independently of all the other ones.
2. Ice cream is our Family Home Evening treat...every week. I love ice cream...especially when it's a little bit melted. So good! My new favorite kind is Homemade Vanilla, but I like Vanilla Bean, or Moose Tracks or Cookie Dough. All kinds, except chocolate. I only like chocolate ice cream when I'm pregnant. Weird.
3. On our last camping trip I realized that I really like whittling wood. Strange. I never thought I would, but give me a knife and I'll happily smooth a rough piece of wood. I guess I really like wood as well. Maybe that should be my random fact. I would love to refinish things made of wood. I love the grain of the wood, I love how it looks when you sand it and stain it and make it look beautiful!

3 comments:

Robert said...

Wait! You can move your baby toe without the others?? Seriously? I'm jealous!! And here I am moving all my toes like a sucker! Ha ha. Interesting to learn things like that about people you know better than anyone else.

Elsie said...

It is fun to learn things like that and get to know each other a little better. Thanks for sharing.

*Teresa* said...

Fun getting to know a few extra things about you! :)

And it did look like you had a lot of fun with the wood! I am too chicken of knives to do that! :)