Pages

23 June 2008

Snickerdoodles

Dan and Annie asked for the recipe for Snickerdoodles. So here ya go! (Sorry it's not as fun as Dan's recipes with all the pictures...)

1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Margarine
(Or just 1 cup margarine...)

1 1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
2 3/4 Cup Flour (I usually use a little closer to 3 Cups)
2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt

Cream the butter, margarine, sugar and eggs. Sift other ingredients together (I never do that) and slowly add to creamed mixture. Shape into balls the size of large marbles (I use the ice cream scoop Mom gave us for Christmas and cut them in half to make two cookies...) Roll into a mixture of cinnamon sugar (however cinnamon-y or sugar-y you like it). Place about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.

5 comments:

Dan said...

I know what I'm having with dinner tonight. Thanks for posting the recipe!

Misty Moncur said...

Sweet, another recipe with CINNAMON SUGAR! My kids will be thrilled!

Annie said...

any recipe that starts out with butter and sugar is my kind of recipe. guess i'm stopping at the store on the way home for some eggs:)

Dave said...

I don'no anything with a "doodle" sounds like a possible mookie stink to me.

Heather said...

Yeah, creamed butter, sugar and eggs should be it's own food group! That's what I think!

I have a recipe for Rumpledoodles too. They are from Winnie the Pooh and the Heffalump movie. I don't like them as well as Snickerdoodles, though. (Besides, it's just a fun name for a cookie, don't ya think?)