Pages

02 February 2010

January Recap

Wow!  I can't believe it's been a month since my last post!  Craziness!

Things at our house are going pretty well.  The girls got their squishy guys yesterday, so they are happy.  What are squishy guys, you ask?  I didn't know either.  I guess the kids in Rachel's class have been collecting them.  You can get them in the gumball machines at, say, Albertsons or PetSmart or places like that.  We tried that route, spent $5 for 10 little pencil topper animals, and had most of them either frogs or squirrels.  So we looked online and found a place to buy them (http://www.mysquishies.com/main.sc) for $0.35 each.  Much better!  The girl that runs the place was SO fun!  That way we could order only the ones we wanted.  It's all good.  And they are pretty cute, too!

Rachel reminds me of Daniel.  She has made a whole squishy village out of boxes and paper.  She has taped all of the boxes together and each one has a theme.  One is a bedroom, one is a movie theater, one is a living room, one is a fashion room.  I don't know...it's pretty cute, though.  She has made her own furniture out of paper that is squishy-sized.  She even made a merry-go-round.  Funny kids!

I finished quilting my very first baby quilt.  Yay!  I really, really enjoyed it.  In fact, I bought material for another one!  :)  But I won't let myself start until I bind the edges of the first one!  So it may take a while.  Luckily Laura's baby won't be born for a little while!  :)

James and I are taking off on Thursday for Logan for our anniversary.  I can't believe that it's been 15 years!  It seems so crazy to me!  When I was younger, 15 years was a lifetime!  And now it's just a small piece!  We are staying at the same place we stayed on our honeymoon 15 years ago.  I'm so excited!  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and the snow won't be too bad on the way up.  A huge thank you to Annie and Mom and Dad for watching my girls so we can go!

What else has been going on...?  James finished the body of his RC truck.  Got it all painted and nice and on his truck.  That's been fun.  It's bright yellow and black!  He did an awesome job.  It's been such a fun hobby!  I got my hair cut last week.  Not super short, but a little shorter than I'm used to.  Hopefully I can figure out what to do with it!

And that's about it.  Hopefully I'll have something more exciting to post next time!

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Thanks for the re-cap. The squishy's ARE cute. I would like to clarify a little bit though for Daniel's sake - Dan made wonderful creations when he was young but NONE that I would call 'cute' - no merry-go-rounds - no doll houses - no little furniture but incredible transformers :) I can't believe it's been 15 years either. Today is the anniversary of the day Mark went into the MTC and I think that was 16 years ago. WOW!

Misty Moncur said...

Zach reminds me of Dan, too. The legos. The stubborness. The one track mind.