What a wonderful conference! It never ceases to amaze me how inspired our leaders are. The messages are timely and there are many that seemed particularly directed at me and the things I need in my life right now. I makes me anxious to get prepared...physically and spiritually! I wish I remembered things better...maybe I should take notes, huh? But the feelings of the conference have been encouraging and uplifting and comforting. So what were your favorite parts? Maybe if you tell me your favorites I'll remember more!
2 comments:
Sadly, I did not catch much of conference. Good thing it is available on the internet. Sometimes I don't like succombing to the peer pressure of doing what all the other church members are doing. It makes me feel like a sheep.
I did like Pres. Monson's talk about the lady who walked across Europe and lost her husband and all four of her kids, illustrating the fact that even though the world looks and feels like it's going to hell in a handbasket, it could always be worse.
One of my favorite talks was on service - don't remember who gave it but he started by saying that we (as a church) are noted for our service. At first I felt guilty because I don't feel like I 'serve' much but then he talked about the service in the temple and in our callings and the fast offerings and tithing that we contribute and I thought 'yeah, we are always serving in some way.' He talked about missionary service and about doing it all without compensation (worldly) and I just thought of all the people in the church who serve so selflessly simply because they love the Lord.
Anyway, I liked alot of the talks. Pres. Monson's that Misty mentioned was also a favorite.
Post a Comment