22 November 2008
The Van has a BooBoo
It must be time for a new post...at least, it's been a long time since the last one. Nothing exciting ever happens here though. OH! I did wreck my van. Not such a good day for me. Megan ran into someone at school last Friday morning and cut her lip open. So I picked her up from school and I was going to take her to Macey's for an ice cream cone. But I didn't think I had my purse, so we drove home, I parked the van in the garage and ran into the house to get my purse and Megan's money. We were back out in less than 30 seconds, but by then the van had started rolling down the drive way. I guess when I say I parked it in the garage, I meant that very loosely. I didn't put it in park. It was in drive, but it still rolled. It wasn't turned on or anything, but it rolled. When Megan and I got out it was still pretty slow, but I couldn't get in because the door was right where the garage door was. When it hit the driveway it started rolling really fast. Megan somehow opened the passenger side door, thinking she would hop in and stop the car. She's six! I don't know what she was thinking. I apparently turned the wheel of the car so by the time it got to the street it had turned and was rolling down the street (and had slowed quite a bit) but the open door hit a tree across the street and bent backwards. It was the most awful sound I have ever heard! My neighbor works at the body shop that we took it too and he came home from work and got the door to close. Anyway, to make a long story short (I know, TOO LATE!) we have a cute little rental car for a few more days. They have to replace the door and the front fender. *sigh* What a day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so trying not to laugh at you right now. The visual image you painted...priceless. Yay Megan! Hero! And we say hip hip hooray for the Piglet and the Pooh! The heros of the day!
Post a Comment