Pages

04 August 2010

Lava Hot Springs


We spent the last few days in Lava Hot Springs in Idaho.  SO much fun!  Here are a few pictures...

Here's a view of the river right above where we put the tubes in.


The girls checking out the water.  We just happened to catch some floaters in the water behind them!


We walked up to the hot pools, but it was kinda late at night.  
The lady let us in to check them out, though, which was nice.


Here's a view of the speed slides.  Apparently they are steep (about 60 degrees) and you get get up to about 35mph on them.  Megan loved the purple one.  She must have gone down that one four or five times!  Rachel went on it once and James went on both of them numerous times.  They all loved them! 
(Except maybe Rachel)


Here's a view of the "normal" slides.  Mikayla even went down these.  All of the slides have chutes at the bottom that are filled with water so they just slow you down instead of dumping you in deep water.  
It was great!  Very nice for the girls, not so much for adults.  
Kinda slow after you have been on the speed slides.


Classic Mikayla!



We rented a three-person tube on Tuesday.  It was so much fun!  The girls took turns riding down the river.  When they got tired, James and I traded it in for a two person tube.  I think the three person one was more stable, though!  The two person one was scary!



James, Rachel and Megan made the first run.



A picture of them through the trees.



James, Megan and Mikayla on the second run.



They made it!



Some family pictures.



Wednesday on the way home we took a slight detour (ok, a little longer than slight) and went to a place called Chesterfield.  They have an old pioneer township there with old buildings.  They have tour guides up there and they will take you on tours of bunches of different homes.  They said they have every type of pioneer architecture from dugouts to brick homes.  Our guide said his father was born in one of the log cabins that we toured, so that was kind of fun.  They have taken these old buildings (I don't know how many there were...we toured a bunch, but there are lots that they are in the process of restoring) and they have restored them to how they would have been.  It was so beautiful!  The girls got a little bit tired, but I had so much fun.  I fell in love with the pioneer quilts.  I even took some pictures of some old stoves for dad!  :)

 

I loved this picture of the outhouse!

 
It was a fabulous trip!  I'd do it again in a heartbeat!  And if anyone wanted to visit Chesterfield, I'd go with you.  It was so neat!

4 comments:

Mark and Margaret said...

Thanks for sharing, The fast slides are new, at least they were not there the last time we went. I love, so much fun stuff to do.

James said...

We had a blast, I would recommend anyone to go there. Just watch your eyes or wear sun-glasses. :)

I would like to go again sometime and try out the hot pools when it is colder. If you wanna go let us know!

Elsie said...

What great pictures. Looks like such a fun time. We are going to have to go to Chesterfield - looks very interesting. Laura is thinking about Lava for a family reunion when it's her turn to plan - sounds like a plan.

Misty Moncur said...

Wow, looks fun! Your girls are sure growing up!