Pages

27 August 2011

The Best Zucchini Bread Recipe!

I found the yummiest zucchini bread recipe today!  I tried it out and it is SO good!  I found it on a blog called "Finding Joy in My Kitchen"  What an awesome name for a blog, eh?  I haven't looked around too much, but if all the recipes are like the zucchini bread one, I'm hooked.

Here is the address: http://joyinmykitchen.blogspot.com/2009/02/healthy-applesauce-zucchini-bread.html

I'm not even exactly sure what made it so yummy.  Maybe it was the addition of the applesauce instead of most of the oil (1/8 cup instead of 1 cup) or it was that I made it in a bundt cake pan instead of two loaf pans.  Either way it is yummy.  You should try it.  Now!  (And if you need zucchini, let me know...I think I still have a dozen on my bar!)

Healthy Applesauce Zucchini Bread

  • 2 C shredded zucchini, excess water drained
  • 2 eggs (egg whites are fine)
  • 1/8 C oil
  • 3/4 C applesauce
  • 1 1/2 C sugar
  • 3 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 C white whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • (may also add 1 tsp. ginger, and 1 tsp. cloves)

1 comment:

James said...

I have to say, that is the BEST you have made. Not mushy, good texture, good taste. Good thing we had a lot of zucchini to practice with. :)

James