Pages

17 September 2010

Wow, Time Flies!

I can't believe it's been three weeks since I've posted on my blog.  Not that it is a very interesting blog, but still!  =]

Things around our house are good.  Busy, but good.  The girls are all doing wonderfully in school.  Rachel is doing an amazing job with math and spelling (both of which she struggled with last year!) and is doing a little bit better at being responsible for things.  She's got a research paper due on William Bradford at the end of the month, which sounds like not so much fun, though.  Then on the 30th, the 5th grade is having a store.  The kids bring things to sell and then use the money they made to go on vacation.  They are going to Australia.  =]  We bought some cute patterned card stock, cut them into 2 1/4 by 8" strips and had them laminated.  Then we folded them in half and put strip magnets on the bottoms to make bookmarks that kind of clamp to the page.  I'll have to take some pictures and post them.  They turned out pretty cute!

Megan is doing better in her class.  She found a girl that she likes that's in her class, so that is nice.  She is doing a great job in school too.  She's gotten an A+ on every spelling test she has had.  And math is going well for her too.  Right now they are studying the moon, so she has to go out every night and draw a picture of the moon.  I had no idea it changed phases so fast!  =]  So that's been fun.

Mikayla is doing well in kindergarten, too.  She comes home happy every day, so that is good!  She missed a day last week because she had a fever.  No other symptoms, just a fever.  It was odd.  But she's all better now!  We have parent-teacher conferences next week, so it will be fun to see how her teacher thinks she is doing in class.

James is feeling a little bit better.  He went in last Monday to his doctor and we thought they were taking the metal pieces out of his nose, but they left them in another week.  So he goes in on Monday to have them removed.  Sounds icky to me!  =]  Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.  Already, I've noticed he snores less, so that is good.  (Well, good for me!) 

And things are going well for me, too.  I've started walking in the morning while all the girls are at school.  I've found that it works really well if I drop them off and, while I'm still out, stop off at a park that's by their school and walk for a while.  The park has a track around it that is a half-mile exactly.  The first day I made it two miles, then two and a half, and then three.  It takes me about an hour to walk three miles, but that's ok.  I've walked 21 miles so far!  Who would have thought?  =]  It's amazing to me that I can do it at all.  The first mile or mile and a half is really hard, but I've found that if I keep going, it gets easier.  (Probably because my legs are numb, but still...!)  Before, I would have given up when my legs started hurting, but I've kept going and it's been so amazing.  I haven't lost any weight yet (dang!) but I feel better and I have really enjoyed using that time to do something just for me!  =]

Anyway, if you have made it through the longest, most boring blog post, way to go!  =]  Love you guys!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

I made it through...glad everything and everyone is doing well. Isn't it just amazing to stand back and count your blessings some days. Love to all.