Pages

13 July 2009

Christmas in July

We just got back from Christmas Meadows with James' family. Since I've decided that my blog has become nothing more than a glorified photo album, I figured I'd post some pictures of our adventure. :)


We started the day at a skate park in Oakley. Colten and Pat are AMAZING on skateboards! It's really fun to watch them skate!



I loved this sign...it makes me wonder what kind of advanced skills are needed for bowels. (I'm pretty sure it should say "ramps and bowls") Made me laugh...!



The first morning up there was freezing...literally! James checked the temperatures after we got home and it was 32 degrees overnight. The 'cold' in the picture was written in the frost on the table! It warmed up quick when the sun came up, though, and the rest of the mornings were a lot warmer...!




Here are some cute ones of the girls. There's a cute one of Rachel, Mikayla making glasses out of plastic spoons and Megan crossing a log down by the river.



Colten was so patient with Mikayla! It was fun to watch all the cousins interact with each other. They all got along so well! It couldn't have gone better.



And here we all are at the end of our trip. You think we would learn to take pictures at the beginning of the trip, wouldn't you? The mosquitoes were horrible up there. We (well, most of us) came back covered with bites! I got one right on the outside corner of my eye and it puffed up like crazy!

Anyway, all in all it was a fantastic trip, even with the bugs and freezing temperatures! I can't wait to do it again next year!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

It looks like it was a lot of fun. Glad that you could go and that you survived the bugs. Love Ya.